We are seeking enthusiastic, skillful and inspiring Trainers who can train future translators in practical translation courses offered by the DOL in the three language categories, Sinhala-Tamil, Sinhala-English & English-Tamil.
This great opportunity awaits you if you possess;
- Over 3 years of translation work experience in a government/semi-government institution
- an exceptional ability to translate between the language pair (Sinhala-Tamil, Sinhala-English or English-Tamil)
- teaching experience in providing training in a variety of soft skills
- lesson planning skills
- presentation skills
- editing & revising skills in the relevant language pair
How Trainer Candidates Are Selected
- Written Test in Practical Translation 50 Marks
- Structured Interview 50 Marks
Note: First, you need to sit for a Written Test and score at least 30 marks for a pass. Then, you will be called for a Structured Interview where you need to perform a 15-minute demonstration lesson (praxis-oriented) in the relevant language category.
The Benefits You Get
When you are selected, you will be;
- registered in the Pool of Translator Trainers at the DOL and recognized as a DOL Qualified Translator Trainer
- offered the chance to attend a Training of Trainers (ToT) Workshop conducted by the DOL in collaboration with the NLEAP, a project funded by the Government of Canada.
- duly invited to conduct sessions in DOL practical translation courses and paid an approved honorarium for each session conducted.
- recommended as a Qualified Trainer to other institutions including universities which require trainers to teach practical translation.